internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Recommendation for 802.11g router?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Best" <mbest AT dasya.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Recommendation for 802.11g router?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:11:43 -0500

I have both a D-Link and Linksys and haven't had any major problems with
either. Both sometimes need to be reset. However, the D-Link is more
configurable, supporting static-IPs within DHCP, dynamic port-mapping, etc.
The Linksys, however, can become a lot more configurable if you are willing
to install a 3rd-party firmware. Sveasoft makes a firmware that gives you
SSH access to the router, supporting everything the D-Link does and more.

-- Michael Best