internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] local print shop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: jim AT neuse.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] local print shop
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:07:37 -0500 (EST)

Jim Ray said:

>> The point is that some potential clients will not consider
>> you if your initial appearance is that of a "small homeboy
>> operating out of the 3rd bedroom in the house."
>
> I'd rather tell them up front and have them go elsewhere if they've got a
> problem with it. Call it like it is.
>
> One expert in the field says you get as much bang for the buck with a good
> letter as opposed to some fancy color glossy expensive brochure. It all
> ends up in the recycling bin anyway. One just costs more than the other.

Don't confuse "expensive-color-glossy" with "professional". Simple and
plain can be just as, and sometimes more, professional. It's the
professional impression you want your potential clients to have -- that's
the one that tells them not to worry about you working out of the 3rd
bedroom, because your work is better than what comes out of the penthouse.

So your dad's right, in that you don't need to waste money on
full-color-glossy. But don't take that to mean you can leave the spelling
and grammar errors in. :)

--s