internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where are the martyrs for stable and free iraq?
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:18:28 -0400

----- Original Message ---From: "Evan Zimmerman" <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>

>If a superior military force invades the US, and we who disagree with
>it are forced to fight in the streets by any means necessary, can we
>then be accurately labelled terrorists?

1) If we use terror as a weapon, I believe we would fit the description, and
be contemptable.
2) It doesn't really matter in these games what the labels are. At least to
me. This is a battle of bullets, killing, and power. The labels are just for
the journalists to have something to flap their gums about. As far as
sentiment and recruiting on the ground, it matters how many stations and
outlets I control, vs the enemy. He's going to call me the worst name
possible, and I will do likewise to him. In the end, it's not what we called
each other, it's who wins the battles. We could call the VC all the labels
in the book, but it doesn't change the outcome of the battle, it only
changes what the reporters say on the news.

If our local ministers
>encourage us to fight, what does that mean, they're power hungry?

That would depend on the circumstances at the time, but I would expect their
to be power-plays involving every major church if our country were in
turmoil. Because it would happen, does not mean it is in the best interests
of all of our citizens, but I would expect each church to look after the
interests of their own.