internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Advanced voting is crowded in CH

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael <michael AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Advanced voting is crowded in CH
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:06:42 -0400 (EDT)

TiVo is VERY good for that. :)

The big deal about early voting is this: depending on your circumstance,
it may be the only way you get to vote. It gives you two weeks (or more?)
in which you can work out a time to vote when you don't have to be at
work, watch the kids, walk the dog, take the car into the garage, be at a
sudden and unexpected election day family emergency, take the kids to
school/practice/whatever, run errands or be sick. I knew I'd have time to
vote on Monday, so I voted then. I'm volunteering on election day in a
precinct other than my own, and wasn't sure I'd be able both to vote and
volunteer that day. And even if I weren't volunteering, how do I know my
car won't break down on Tuesday morning, or that I won't be laid up in the
bed with the flu or that I won't have to spend half the day talking my cat
down out of a tree? It eliminates the "what if" factor of election day,
/and/ it eliminates a huge amount of the hassle of election day for
election day voters. By voting on Monday I bumped everyone else in my
precinct up one place in line on election day. I don't care whether
they're voting for the candidate I voted for or not - making it easier on
them increases participation and cuts some hassle out of their lives, and
that's good for everybody in my community.

--
Michael Williams "Also, there's a monkey in a diaper with
michael AT ibiblio.org a machine gun. I don't understand