internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] MS opens music store

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] MS opens music store
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 14:26:28 -0400

Tom Boucher wrote:

I don't buy that.
> [...]
Maybe with early MP3 encoders there was a problem but it just isn't there. I think it's all BS.

More power to you there Tom. If you don't notice any differences in your music listening as you do with your ears, in your room, on your system, then you clearly don't need to expend the resources looking for better codecs, using higher encoding rates etc.

I might point out though that your individual experience does not make these issues 'all BS'. After all, we are talking about subjective perceptions of complex sensory stimulu. I'd expect that different individuals are going to have different experienced perceptions. You might think about allowing for that possibility.

--rt