internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Soulseek?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Soulseek?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:21:02 -0400

Parker, David X wrote:

The Soulseek site says the songs you can download are free, although I don't
see how that's possible considering you have to pay $24 for a 2-year
subscription. Anyway, I don't want to pay the price unless I can be sure the
songs I want are likely to be there.

SoulSeek is not a paid music download service (iTunes, eMusic, etc.). SoulSeek is a P2P file sharing application. Their network is open and well populated. AFAIK, there are no fees for usage, although you can make a contribution and they will award you points that basically allow you to go to the head of the d/l queue for the tracks you are interested in. FYI, what you do there is up to you, but you will not have legal license or ownership of anything you d/l from this service, and no artists will get paid.

--rt