internetworkers - [internetworkers] Over-Under Betting Pool: Call The Election!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Over-Under Betting Pool: Call The Election!
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 02:27:04 -0400

It's the conclusion of the first convention, and thus the time to begin
the Traditional INW Over-Under Betting Pool To Call The Presidential
Election.

Just put your prediction in terms of:

=::Percentage of Popular Vote
=::Electoral Votes

"Over" is defined by your pick for the winner -- If you pick Bush, then
Bush getting more of your predicted vote is "Over."

Deriving the meaning of "Under" is an exercise I'll leave to the reader.

Here's a good source, please offer others:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Electoral%20College%20Projection.htm
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/election_2004.htm
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/North%20Carolina%20July%206.htm

Have fun, and don't put an eye out -- yours or another's.

I'm basing my projection based on a statistical model that develops
Michael Moore's theories about a 50/50/50 split in American politics.

Cheers!

  • [internetworkers] Over-Under Betting Pool: Call The Election!, Michael D. Thomas, 07/30/2004