internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:16:04 -0400

on Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 10:33:00AM -0400, Greg Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Tarus Balog wrote:
>
> > Can we discuss abortion now?
>
> Let's keep it off the list, ok? I'll be happy to host a dead-horse
> forum, complete with NC-style BBQ. Come discuss it there!
>
> Oh! During the gay marriage ceremony, I'll need someone to stir the
> Texas-style chili with my automatic rifle, and keep it bubbling by
> putting more flags on the fire. I can't do this, because I need to
> knock up a teenager before I write (on hemp paper) an essay on the
> USA PATRIOT Act for my voucher-supported, dress-coded, no-backpacks-
> allowed, frisk-you-down, prayer school.
>
> Call me on your cell when you're almost here, and I'll tell you
> where you can park your SUV.
>
> Everyone of the appropriate ethnicites is invited!

Who gets to spray the DDT near the bald eagle nest the day before the
party? And why aren't you burning copies of unapproved religious texts
and new math and science textbooks? I hear they add a certain tang of
sulfur that really enhances the flavor of an open-air chili. Sort of a
roast Dodo flavor.

PS: you know you can't deliberately invoke Godwin's Law, Greg - there's
a corollary to that effect that merely prolongs the thread if so invoked.

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/