internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] are you 'strapped'?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:24:14 -0400

Ron Thigpen wrote:
and maybe the author should check with some 18-34 yr olds to see if "strapped" is a word they associate with the concept of "without financial means".

I turn 31 next month, and that's exactly what I consider
"strapped" to mean. Ex:

Co-Worker: Want to get grab some lunch?
Me: Nope, I'm strapped for cash this week

I also use "Tapped out" in a similar sense...

for many this is perhaps more synonymous with the concept of "carrying a concealed firearm".

I always associated the term "packing heat" with carrying
a firearm, concealed or otherwise.

TTYL,

Phil