internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Re: [REMINDER] Tomorrow 7 PM @ The Wine Bar

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers AT Lists.Ibiblio.Org (E-mail)" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Re: [REMINDER] Tomorrow 7 PM @ The Wine Bar
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:49:25 -0500

Hi Dave,

I noticed a guy with brown hair, carrying a folder, who appeared to be
waiting to meet a business partner-- or for something much more structured
than an InternetWorkers social gathering. I arrived early and he arrived
just after I did and seemed to be pacing. Was this Rick?

I think that Rick (whether he was this person or not) was probably massively
stressed out and took it out on you. This is the worst economic downturn
that I've ever lived through and I've never seen excellent people go so long
without employment. Rick probably had months of pent-up frustration and you
were just an easy target. I think that the bigger point here is that his
underlying feelings are scarily common. My vote this fall will go to the
person who recognizes that we have significant domestic issues to address
and that we need to have a better balance between addressing external
affairs and internal affairs. If the economy is "strong" why are so many
people I know still out of work? (No need for anyone to answer that, we all
know that the real answer is complicated).

Thanks again for organizing this event!

Colleen

Colleen McCarthy, MT(ASCP), BSEE, MBA, PMP
LIS Administrator
Laboratory Information Services
UNC Hospitals/McLendon Clinical Labs
1106 East Wing