internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] WestEndWineBar

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] WestEndWineBar
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:15:41 -0500

Alan MacHett wrote:
Yes, thanks to Dave Matusiak for organizing this month's gathering. There
wasn't a large turnout, but hardly anyone seemed to notice. The wine was
good, the beer was good, and the company was best. Being a people
watcher, I enjoyed listening to the myriad subjects of conversation that
came up. That's what really makes INW.

Yeah, after five years we realize that "turnout" is not a critical issue. These things ebb and flow. As one who did not turn out, I am also grateful to Dave for organizing the gathering.

So, Durham is it?? Start thinking about your favorite haunt or someplace
new you'd like to try...

There's a new place next to the James Joyce that just opened up, The Federal. It's spacious, has a smaller room in the back that would be perfect for us, and they have food. Very downscale-hip, too.

I tried to find a Web reference to it, but unfortunately Googling "federal bar durham" just gets you a long list of lawyers! So you're stuck with my word on it, I've been there once and it was nice.

TaB

P.S. Nice pix, Alan