internetworkers - [internetworkers] Paul "Wine" Jones

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: labratz AT metalab.unc.edu, <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Paul "Wine" Jones
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:23:36 -0500 (EST)

I'm not in a band so's I have to make up for that by bringing up people
who are my name twins who are in bands. Led Zep's John Paul Jones (who is
not really a Paul Jones) has already upstaged me on google.
But Paul "Wine" Jones a real down home blues man will be in town on
Saturday http://indyweek.com/durham/current/bets.html for his Indy best
bet write up, but I can't tell from the Indy where he will be:

In a taste of 'wine'

B Y   C H R I S   T O E N E S

Hailing from the Mississippi Delta town of Belzoni, Paul Jones
(pictured below) is a welder by day; before that he worked in a cotton
gin. When he wants to, he also makes some of the most distinctive blues
music you've ever heard, yet doesn't usually travel far from home. Living
somewhere between his electric boogie riffs punctuated with wah-wah
splashes and bass chords as hard as nails, his sound reflects his region's
heritage, but he takes it to a place undeniably his own. Near 50, Jones is
old enough to have absorbed much of the history of bluesmen around him,
but young enough to take the music down his own path. Hop along for the
ride. 10 p.m. For more info, call 942-5506.

For more on Paul Jones see
http://www.fatpossum.com/artists/jones.html

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071

  • [internetworkers] Paul "Wine" Jones, Paul Jones, 10/30/2003