internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Iraq costs are skyrocketing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Iraq costs are skyrocketing
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:37:24 -0400 (EDT)

.:NO, actually I can't. I still have some degree of faith in the average
.:person being kind and decent. And I hardly think the Confederate States of
.:America (and by that I guess you mean the combined populace and government
.:thereof), DAR or the Southern Baptists deserve to lumped in with the Nazis.
.:And since I'm making comparisons, I'll just state outright that I'm
.:reasonably certain that the Ba'athists aren't even in the same league.

Note to self: All Nazis are Unspeakably Evil, and nothing short of Lucifer
himself can ever come close to their Unspeakable Evil. It's Unspeakable.

Seriously, we're painting with broad brushstrokes, so we can ignore
(well, paint over) any good will ever shown TO ANYONE by any member of
the Nazi party in Germany in the 1930s and '40s. Same with the
Ba'athists, DAR, Confederates, Indians (asian-sub-continent AND american,
hell, we're painting broadly here), the Romans, the French, and White
People.

My point is: show me a group of people [Ba'athists, DAR, Nazi, whoever],
and I'll show you another group who hates their guts based on some
sweeping generalization.

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)