internetworkers - [internetworkers] Iraq costs are skyrocketing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Iraq costs are skyrocketing
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:32:00 -0400

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0904iraq04.html

"The White House has informed congressional leaders that it is preparing a new budget request for $60 billion to $70 billion to help cover the mounting costs of the reconstruction and military occupation of Iraq..."

and "We were very clear that what the president wants, he's going to get," Santorum said.
--

okay, now can anyone give a well-reasoned justification for keeping Dubya Bush in office? really, please do elucidate because i am having a very difficult time finding any reason(s) to keep him around.

it was bad enough when we were lied to about the election. then more lies about why we need to attack Iraq. then the inaccurate figures about the cost of the war. then the whole "ignoring the terrible US economy and millions of lost jobs" thing.

and now we are looking at footing the bill for a trillion dollar Economic Stimulus package to the country we just destroyed. please tell me there is some freaking Leprechaun and Gold at the end of this Black Rainbow.

or at least come up with a technical discussion interesting enough to distract me from the loss of lives, loss of savings, loss of freedoms...

/drm