internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] speaking of gas prices.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] speaking of gas prices.
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:08:56 -0400

on Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 04:58:58PM -0400, Tom Boucher wrote:

> On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 04:52 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:
> >
> >So, I guess CA can expect massive, week-long shortages of gasoline,
> >too?
> >I mean, given the rolling brownouts of the past couple of years, I'd
> >think a gubernatorial candidate would know better than to hitch his
> >wagon
> >to the stellar example of electrical utility regulation, no?
> >

> But you forget, it was all enron's fault :)

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I forgot. Somehow I'd gotten the idea that restricting
the number of new power sources, while deregulating in order to drive
prices down, and not doing anything to regulate the amount of power used
might have had something to do with it.

But you're right - it was Enron. My mistake.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier