internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] speaking of gas prices.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] speaking of gas prices.
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:52:31 -0400

on Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 04:35:48PM -0400, Tom Boucher wrote:
> interesting, the other democratic contender has tossed out this little
> gem. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,95936,00.html

"Regulating the gas industry would give the state's Public Utilities
Commission oversight of oil companies the same way they regulate power
companies and telecommunications firms."

So, I guess CA can expect massive, week-long shortages of gasoline, too?
I mean, given the rolling brownouts of the past couple of years, I'd
think a gubernatorial candidate would know better than to hitch his wagon
to the stellar example of electrical utility regulation, no?

Steve,
just astonished.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier