internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] telemarketers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: rthigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] telemarketers
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:53:21 -0400

zman wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Craig Duncan wrote:
The only problem I have had so far is connecting to the site, perhaps I will try www.donotconnect.gov next.

I signed up early this morning. I think I may have even beat the /. effect. But still have not received my email withthe confirmation link. It's been about 4 or 5 hours.

I got through this morning. Confirmation e-mail came in about 20 minutes. Click-through on that was a little dicey but went through after a few tries.

I wanted to use the registration lookup to see if I was actually in there, but that was hopelessly slow. Lots of inserts on the database, pages and pages all locked up...

Wonder what their server config looks like. I'm kinda surprised it's responding at all.

--rt