internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Not a single post about basketball today???

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dan Smith <anilorac AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Not a single post about basketball today???
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:56:09 -0500

I'm not upset at all. Doh should have never been hired in the first place. Too little experience, and he had a rocky relationship at ND with his players and athletics department. The final result is only partially attributable to Baddour's string of bad decisions.

However, Doh undermined himself, not the university. He lost his job on his own merits, or perhaps it is better to say demerits. He is too much like Bobby Knight and Coach K, which is the polar opposite of what our formerly world class basketball program was all about. We don't need that kind of garbage, and it may take many years before our image is restored.

Swofford was a strong AD compared to Baddour, a weak AD. Baddour should have been shown the door yesterday as well, and I hope not too much time passes before action is taken to remedy a bad Hardin decision.

Since the Hardin days, the Chancellor's office has been steadily weakened by the Board of Trustees. Moeser was hired into a weak Chancellor's office, but he doesn't have the innate ability to restore the power and influence of the office. The most dismal comment I heard last night was his statement of strong support for Baddour. It appears to me Moeser doesn't have the guts to replace Baddour who has made a series of bad decisions affecting both major revenue generating sports.

If Moeser had chutzpah, he wouldn't have let Baddour flap in the wind, while the UNC athletics program lost credibility.

Shea Tisdale wrote:

With the news coming from Carolina. What is the world coming to?

Well, I for one, am upset at UNC for doing this. They undermined Doherty
the entire time he was there and let the players and parents do it as well.
Dick Badour is as incompetent as they come. Swofford built the basketball
program, the football program and many other programs to great levels by
supporting his coaches and teams. Now, in short order, Badour has let them
all fall into a state of disgrace.

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/