internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] RE: ah, garrison Keillor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] RE: ah, garrison Keillor
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:42:26 -0500

I should also confess that I like PHC. Many times, we sit at the dinner table and listen to the show. It is sometimes better than others, but the musical guests aren't found on other shows very often. I wish there was some kind of weekly folk music tv show, but that won't happen. I wish they would bring back Hee-Haw too.
There are some things on digital cable on the Ovation TV network that have been good. Unfortunately, there is a lot of repeats and it is not always something that I would listen. Trio TV is another one that has some decent music sessions. TV and radio do not provide a target rich environment for a variety of consistently good music.

Since we are confessing, I haven't listened to WUNC-FM since they quit playing classical music. I won't ever give them money again either. I get enough news and I can't stand talk radio or tv. I listen to on-line stations now mostly except for WCPE.

Jim Allman wrote:
I confess, I'm a huge fan of the Ketchup Board PSAs. (It must be the
natural mellowing agents.) So earnest, yet so dark.

Needless to say, Keillor shouldn't sing except privately, to his kids.