internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] quotes about war

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] quotes about war
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:01:47 -0500

Slightly off topic, George I on a war with Iraq:

"Bush Sr warning over unilateral action"

Reported in the Times (London)

> "THE first President Bush has told his son that hopes of peace in the Middle
> East would be ruined if a war with Iraq were not backed by international
> unity.
>
> Drawing on his own experiences before and after the 1991 Gulf War, Mr Bush
> Sr
> said that the brief flowering of hope for Arab-Israeli relations a decade
> ago
> would never have happened if America had ignored the will of the United
> Nations.
>
> He also urged the President to resist his tendency to bear grudges, advising
> his son to bridge the rift between the United States, France and Germany."

Pretty scary when the Father of a sitting presidents publicly warns of his
son's "tendency to bear grudges." I wonder if he bears a grudge with Saddam
for some reason or other.

David