internetworkers - [internetworkers] 1984ish?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: machett AT ibiblio.org
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] 1984ish?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:05:49 -0500

...I just heard about this so-called Poindexter Plan, DARPA's Total
Information Awareness project. At first glance, I am appalled; but I
honestly don't know enough yet to be certain.
What are everyone's opinions?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/11/20/terror.tracking/index.html

http://www.epic.org/privacy/profiling/tia/
[links to numerous other articles are at the bottom of this page]

The Information Awareness Office within DARPA offers this page:
http://www.darpa.mil/iao/news.htm

and from Government Computer News (anyone ever heard of this??)
http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/it_infra/20115-1.html

seeking $0.02
Alan