internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Election day

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Rachel Cox <rachel AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Election day
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 22:54:26 -0500

At 10:11 PM 11/5/2002 -0500, Chris Hedemark wrote:
[snip]
>Funny thing... I was driving down Fayetteville St the other day and I'm
>sitting at the light waiting to turn right and along side of me pulls
>up a fat cat in a top of the line Mercedes Benz. I glance over and
>remember thinking "there is someone with WAAAY too much disposable
>income". As he was pulling away I noticed his tag # only had two
>digits, and it was an NC House tag. Yeah, suuuuure, he was looking out
>for the little man. Uh huh.

Hmm.

So, is the problem that he makes enough money to afford a Mercedez, or that he chooses to buy that instead of something else?

'Cause last I knew, he wouldn't be buying one on the salary of a member of the NC House of Representatives, so it can't be that you object to your tax dollars buying him a car they didn't buy him.

At what point do you suppose someone has so much money that they can be guaranteed not to look out for the little man? and at what point do you suppose one is so poor that they can be guaranteed to look out for the little man?

Just curious.

'Cause y'know, one day I'd really like to have the money to buy a nice little Mercedes convertible, or maybe a Ferrari, and though I'm fairly sure that won't ever happen, I'd like to know whether I'll be off the hook at that point about caring for my fellow men.

Cheers y'all!
-Rachel

Rachel Cox | Web Developer | 919.834.2552 x16 | hesketh.com/inc
Image is only the beginning. http://www.hesketh.com/