internetworkers - [internetworkers] Election day

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Election day
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:33:51 -0500

Hey, all...

I just wanted to encourage everyone to vote tomorrow. Frankly, I don't care
whether you are Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or a member of the Raving
Monster Loony Party (oops, that's only in the U.K.). Voting will only take 5
minutes out of your day, and you can smugly wear a sticker the rest of the
day!

Honestly, though, even if you're disappointed in the major races, there are
many local races and issues that deserve a considered vote. These are the
people who go on to run for the elevated offices down the line, and if we
want a better choice in our elections we need to start locally. I just leave
races I am unhappy with blank, usually.

Plus, there's a statewide ballot issue for streamlining the constitutional
rules on how land is transferred to the state Nature and Historic Preserve
which is interesting in and of itself. Ballot issues are really the most
fun, because we all get to cast a direct vote on an issue.

This is a well-informed, well-educated bunch of people. We can make a
difference.

OK, I'll get off the soapbox now. Thanks for your consideration. Do I sound
like I'm running for office, or what? :)

Diana