internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 15 seconds of what

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chuck Morford <chuckmorford AT yahoo.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 15 seconds of what
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:50:58 -0700 (PDT)

Good one Scott...
I knew that being a Buddhist was helping me in my
career, I just couldn't articulate it properly...

On a related note, when I was in the USAF, many
moons ago, one of my maintenance officers pointed
me to a magazine article by an IBM field engineer
who claimed to carry a rubber chicken in his tool
box...
When he went on a service call the first thing he
would do was shake the rubber chicken over the
misbehaving machine...And he claimed that more
than 75% of the time, that, and a reboot was all
he needed to do to fix the problem...
The maintenance officer then gave me a rubber
chicken, which I hung in a prominent place near
our central processor...

I have heard that it was still there when
Hurricane Andrew destroyed the base, six years
after I left...

Chuck