internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Dumb question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Russell <scottrus AT ipass.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Dumb question
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:37:06 -0400

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 09:56:10AM -0400, Gina Norman wrote:

> Thanks to all and sundry. And *NO* I am NOT planning on doing this
> (though I think I shall rip all my CDs onto my hard drive),

Don't bother with MP3, use OggVorbis instead. Not only is it so much
cooler to say 'ogg vorbis' than 'mp3' but the sound quality is better
as well. Don't take a deaf person word though, listen to the sample
recordings at the links below. Some links to get you started:

Home Page: http://www.xiph.org/index.html
Ogg Vorbis 1.0: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/index.html
Ogg Vorbis vs MP3 listening tests: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/listen.html
Downloads for your OS: http://www.vorbis.com/download.psp