internetworkers - [internetworkers] HP ~ decent human beings

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: froglips AT sprintmail.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] HP ~ decent human beings
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:20:34 -0400

Hey Internetworkers,

Looks like HP might actually be made up of some "decent human beings".

Could it be that there are a few people in corporate america that aren't
just out to suck out all our money and steal our souls?

Of course, working at IBM, I'm unbiased..... and already lost my soul.

Jim Campbell

==========================
Jim:

Thank you for your note to Carly. HP has issued a statement on this issue
and an article has been posted on CNet news. Please read the article at:

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-947745.html

HP thanks you for your message. The concerns of our customers are our first
priority.

Best regards,

Martin Fink
General Manager
Linux Systems Division

+=================================================================+
| Martin Fink | E-mail: martin_fink AT hp.com |
| Linux Systems Division | Phone: 970-898-7076 |
| Hewlett-Packard Co. | FAX: 970-898-4302 |
| 3404 East Harmony Road | Mobile: 970-217-8289 |
| MS 42 - Ft. Collins, CO | Page: 9702178289 AT msg.myvzw.com |
| 80528, USA | Web: http://www.hp.com/linux |
+=================================================================+

============================

Original message follows:
-------------------------

Here is a feedback message from a customer,
using the GHP Corporate Page on HP.com
Name: Jim Campbell
E-Mail Address: froglips AT sprintmail.com
Phone: (no phone number provided)
Country : United States
Comments:
I wish to express my dissappointment in HP regarding the Tru64 DMCA
threat made against SnoSoft.

It is a very sad day when HP behaves in such a manner.

You can be rest assured that this action will affect my decisions
regarding HP purchases in the future.

Jim

  • [internetworkers] HP ~ decent human beings, froglips, 08/04/2002