internetworkers - RE: removing stuff / backups question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: removing stuff / backups question
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:32:47 -0400

Well, to get KaZaA and other such garbage off of the computer, there is
a spyware/adware remover called Ad-aware (www.lavasoftusa.com) that is
quite good. Download it, install it, run it, uninstall it, crap will be
gone. If you're going to get a CD-R, you could also pick up a copy of
Symantec Ghost for not too much. That software will make an image of
whatever is loaded so you can reload it whenever you want, and the more
recent versions have a capability of writing an image directly to CD-R.
Not sure off the top of my head if it also works with parallel cable,
but that's worth looking into.

Good Luck!

- Bill