internetworkers - Re: two madmen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: two madmen
  • Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 13:47:47 -0400

actually, I am reminded of the ST:TOS ep with the blackandwhite guy and
the whiteandblack guy. Remember that one? The enterprise takes them to
their home planet, and everyone on it has been wiped out by the
meaningless war. the two guys beam down and kill each other, finalizing
the total extermination of everyone.

at what point will we as humans move beyond the lust for power and learn
to live together? ow will we?

paula the lurker

thomas AT tbeckett.c

om To: InterNetWorkers

<internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
05/02/02 01:38 PM cc:

Please respond to Subject: [internetworkers]
Re: two madmen
InterNetWorkers

> my apologies go out to all whom were offended by my referring to two
> complete, raving
lunatics as "madmen."

The situation actually reminds me (drawing this topic back to
Geekiness) of the Star Trek episode ("Day of the Dove") in which an evil
entity that thrives onhatred isolates some Klingons and Enterprise crew
in a section of the ship
and goads them to doendless battle with each other. The entity is
defeated with both sides
unite and laugh at it.

What can we learn about the situation in Palestine from the wisdom of
Star
Trek?
TaB

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
$subst('Email.Unsub')