internetworkers - Re: two madmen

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jeri C. Gloege" <gloege AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: two madmen
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:34:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hmmm... I did not see Matusiak call you any names. But I might call you
one after that sarcastic little post.

The only one stirring the troublemaker pot here that I can see is you at
present (oh okay, and now me... but that is just what I do). Dave sent in
a perfectly valid link that could lead to a perfectly valid discussion. You
turned it into something else. When he responded (albeit with some sarcasm
but can you blame him really) you took it yet again to the next level. Look
in the mirror before you start snapping out at people about starting flames.

jeri

On 2 May 2002, Andrew Phillips wrote:

> Well I thought I gave you more credit then name-calling, guess the
> subject proves me wrong. If you're going to have a rational discussion,
> don't start with that.. fyi.
>
> -Andrew
>
> On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 11:21, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> > oh, excuse me for being off-topic. i forgot the focus here was
> > technology,
> > specifically as it applies to the internet. by the way, have you heard of
> > the
> > mozilla 1.0 release? big stuff.
> >
> > not that i have any grand visions of a rational discussion, but i do give
> > this
> > group more credit than an "instant flamewar" on any volatile topic.
> > thanks for
> > kicking me back in-line. hope to see you tonite.
> >
> > ___ _ _____ . ....
> > m a h t o o z e e a c k a t s p e e k e e z e e d o t n e t
> > ------ / / ......... . . .
> >
> > On 2 May 2002, Andrew Phillips wrote:
> >
> > > I would suggest this group stays away from talking about the Middle
> > > east, people have very strong feelings about this issue and an "Internet
> > > Workers" mailing list is not really the place to start flames about
> > > this.
> > >
> > > -Andrew
> > >
> > > ------------------------
> > > Andrew Phillips
> > > Applications Developer
> > > aphillips AT buildscape.com
> > > (919) 484-9843 x 246
> > > http://www.buildscape.com

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: gloege AT ibiblio.org

Jeri Gloege
jeri AT fractalmind.org
http://www.fractalmind.org

Creating and part of the problem since 1974...