internetworkers - Raleigh Internetworkers Thursday

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <inet-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Raleigh Internetworkers Thursday
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:06:12 -0400

Internetworkers will be in Raleigh next week, hosted by Don Rosenberg!
Don recently gave an interview to http://www.softwaremarketsolution.com/.

Link with all info: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/meeting/index.php3

What: InterNetWorkers May Gathering
When: Thursday, May 2nd - 7pm
Where: The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium
328 W. Morgan St, Raleigh, NC 27601
(919) 821-7468
Why: Beer for Spring, Spring for Beer
RSVP: mdthomas AT mindspring.com

/////////// Finding Us On Thursday evening ///////////

Ask at the bar.

Charlie, the manager on duty, and the bartenders should know where Don and the
rest of the crowd is.

If the bartender you talk to doesn't know, ask for Charlie, the manager on
duty. He will definitely know where Internetworkers is.

(You may be wondering, "are they hiding?" No, Flying Saucer is just a big
place.)

///////////// Directions and other info ////////////////

We're back at Raleigh's fabulous Flying Saucer, which features umpteen
gazillion different varieties of Seriously excellent beer, scrumptious bar
food, and a Seriously attractive wait staff (note lack of gender-specificity
in that statement). Something for everyone, when everyone wants to get
Serious.

Here's Citysearch info including a map:
http://triangle.citysearch.com/profile/11356447/

Here are human directions:

The Flying Saucer is one block south from the cylindrical Clairon Inn
(formerly Holiday Inn) in downtown Raleigh. It is on Morgan Street, which is
parallel to Hillsborough Street and is one way to the east. The cross street
is Harrington Street.

From Chapel Hill/Durham and points west:

Take I-40 East and then the Wade Avenue exit. Wade Avenue terminates in to
Capital Blvd. Follow the Capital Blvd directions below.

From points east of Raleigh:

Take I-40 West to I-440 Outer Beltline. Take the Captial Blvd south exit and
follow the directions below.

From North Raleigh:

Take Glenwood Avenue south until it terminates into W. Morgan Street. Turn
left. The flying saucer will be at the interesection of W. Morgan St. and
Harrington. Alternatively, take Capital Blvd south and follow the Capital Blvd
directions below.

From Cary and south Raleigh:

Get on the I-440 Inner Beltline and take the Hillsborough St. exit towards
N.C. State and downtown. Follow the directions from Hillsborough Street below.
(If you are coming from the south east of Raleigh, these aren't the best
directions. Contact me if you need help.)

From Capital Blvd:

Take Capital Blvd south. It will change to N. Dawson St. Drive through the
interesection with W. Morgan St (at that point it is one way going the wrong
way) and turn right at the next interesection, Hargett St. Go on block and
turn right on Harrington St. The Flying Saucer is at the next corner.

From Hillsborough Street:

Take Hillsborough Street east towards downtown. Turn right on to Harrington
St. The Flying Saucer is on the next corner.

  • Raleigh Internetworkers Thursday, Michael D. Thomas, 04/30/2002