internetworkers - Re: Can't work at home with basic TW RoadRunner

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: john AT radiomind.com (John Beimler)
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Can't work at home with basic TW RoadRunner
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:26:14 -0400

quotation from Michael S Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com> [on 020430
09:47]:

> I got a registered letter yesterday from Time Warner, which threatened to
> cut
> off my home service for non-compliance with their usage policy:
>
> "A residential account is designed for informational and entertainment
> purposes only and any commercial activity is strictly prohibited."

How did they figure it out? More traffic on the day you stay home, or
was it the sustained traffic to a single IP? Or was it secret Time
Warner methods?

Just wondering (and glad I have my DSL without a stupid restriction like
that)

Peace.

john