internetworkers - Our very own Don Rosemberg's article at ibm.com/linux !

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Our very own Don Rosemberg's article at ibm.com/linux !
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 06:52:06 -0400

Hi there,

I am glad to announce a (great) article by Don Rosemberg. You know, that
interesting internetworker's fellow that is so proud of being published
in Korean and Japanesse (IIRC). Jeez! I'm only published in English and
I am proud too!

Anyway. IBM, the Big Blue (nothing to do with Cool Ranch Doritos,
though) have published him an article that I found through Linux Weekly
News.

The article is great, as expected from Don:

http://www-1.ibm.com/linux/linuxline/apr02/partnernews.shtml

BYNARI FINDS MISSING LINK
By Donald K. Rosenberg

"Tom Adelstein of Bynari Systems, Inc. (www.bynari.net) has found the
missing piece to enable corporate migration from Windows to Linux
systems. Bynari, a pioneer in the art of consolidating NT server farms
onto Linux mainframes or Intel servers, continually ran into a sales
problem:

"Every time we got corporations enthusiastic about the TCO savings in
converting from Windows to Linux systems, Exchange^(TM) emerged as a
deal-killer," says Adelstein, co-founder of Bynari, a high-level
consultancy for Open Source systems.

So Adelstein's team wrote the two DLLs that make up InsightConnector so
that he could sell Bynari's InsightServer. Together these two solve the
problem of letting employees use Outlook on their PCs while connecting
with their non-Microsoft e-mail servers. "

Congratulations, Don!

Salut,
Josep
--