internetworkers - Re: Web user demographics

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep L. Guallar-Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Web user demographics
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:37:31 -0500

A Dimecres 07 Novembre 2001 01:33 pm, vàreu escriure:
> Anyone have suggestions of where to find good quality statistics on:
> ...web useage?
> ...of the total # of web users, what % use broadband, % use dialup?
> ...demographic profile of web/email users?
> ...are web users socially conscious folks who vote, or...?
> I'm developing a documentary program about the 2002 NC U.S. Senate Race and
> am considering whether/how much effort should be targeted to putting up a
> web site.
> Thanks.
>
> Ed Wesolowski

Hi Ed,

I use the free counter "Bravenet".

Check at the bottom left of my webpage (one is from Geocities, and it is OK,
but Bravenet is better). My statistics are publicily available ("open
source").

Tell me what you think about it.

The web site <http://www.geocities.com/sinner_prairy/>
The counter