internetworkers - Re: College sysadmin fired for quoting Dune

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <david AT designhammer.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: College sysadmin fired for quoting Dune
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 17:35:47 -0400

Technically it was a three part mini series on the SciFi channel last
December, but it is available on DVD. I bought it when it came out since I
missed the original airing. Even if you caught it on TV, the DVD extras are
excellent.

All-in-all it is a great effort, especially since it was done for about $20
million. The budget was managed by using a lot of international actors,
rather than the big-name/big-budget cast of the 1984 version. Many of the
scenes have a feel of a Broadway show rather than a movie since a lot was
done with huge illuminated backdrops rather than exterior shooting (this
probably done for budgetary reasons as much as artistic effect).

David

David Minton - Managing Partner
DesignHammer Media Group, LLC
www.designhammer.com