internetworkers - Re: PC on Mac

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Medical Illustration <druid AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PC on Mac
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 10:02:41 -0400

It's a web player of some sort, made by a company called smartforce.
There's a link to their page --- help.unc.edu > cbt

I'm actually an employee, using a mac station so I can't really move off to
a lab or something...

On 8/2/01 9:28 AM, "Mark Andrews" <mandrews AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> The only thing that I know of is Virtual PC, which is not exactly cheap
> and definitely not free.
>
> They should have computers in the classroom, but if you just cant let
> go of mac, what software do you need to run?
>

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Medical Illustration wrote:
>
>> Hello all-
>>
>> I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good (by good, of course, I mean
>> cheap or free) program that will allow you to run a pc exe program on a mac
>> os (preferably OS X, but OX 9 will do). UNC offers some free computer
>> based
>> training courses that I wanna partake of, but the damn things don't offer a
>> mac alternative (bastards) and I spend all day handcuffed to my mac like
>> any
>> dutiful mac user. . . So I need to emulate the pc os (sacrilege)...
>>
>> -d
>>

>> ---
>> Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mandrews AT ibiblio.org
>> $subst('Email.Unsub')

  • PC on Mac, Medical Illustration, 08/02/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: PC on Mac, Mark Andrews, 08/02/2001
    • Re: PC on Mac, Medical Illustration, 08/02/2001
    • Re: PC on Mac, U. Jason Gloege Jr., 08/02/2001
    • Re: PC on Mac, Stella L., 08/02/2001