internetworkers - Re: summer reading

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep Lluís Guallar Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: summer reading
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:17:53 -0400

A Dijous 19 Juliol 2001 17:47, vàreu escriure:
> Hey,
>
> I've got some time off coming up. I was wondering if anyone
> could recommend some good current fiction. Anyone read
> anything recently that really turned them on?
>
> Thanks!

Current fiction? Try fun literature and learn things at the same time:

You can go for Biographies: Pres. Jimmy Carter ("An hour before daylight")
and Eleanor Rossevelt (2 volumes, "Eleanor Rossevelt"). Both really good.

Or you can go for cultural antropology (it sounds bad and nerdy. But it is
really interesting) : "The Basque History of the World" (by Mark Kurlansky),
"Distant Mirrors: America as a foreign Culture" (??)

Ok, ok. You said fiction: "The Dope Priest" (Nicholas Blincoe). It's
british-english, but you will understand it <grin>.

And fiction-humour: "10-clicks away from nirvana: Security on Windows NT"
(W. Gates)

Salut,
Josep
--