internetworkers - Re: DSL/T1 providers in Raleigh?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DSL/T1 providers in Raleigh?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:32:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Robert Weeks wrote:

> Not to be a cheerleader for TW, but I've noticed their response time is MUCH
> better than what I had with Verizon and there is no comparison as far as
> uptime goes.

What about for regular home use? I think I can finally get DSL (got a
message from Earthlink a couple of days ago saying we can now get it) and
also TW. I thought I heard that DSL is better -- that cable will get
slower as it takes more load. I don't want to hap business rates.

My phone is Bell South.

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)