internetworkers - Re: Credit Card Processing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Margaret Coin <margaret AT coinconsult.net>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Credit Card Processing
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 00:27:50 -0400

At 12:02 AM -0400 6/6/01, David Minton wrote:
I have been approached by a local political candidate to do a campaign web
site. Everything is pretty straight forward, except they would like to
accept credit card donations online. [snip]

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hmm ... would Kagi <http://www.kagi.net/> suit? They take a cut based on actual charges, rather than an admin fee, but it probably comes out to less than setting up a merchant account. I know they handle software sales/registrations, and product/event sales. It's obvious you're going off-site, but much more straightforward process for the end viewer. FWIW.

Cheers,

Margaret Coin
margaret AT coinconsult.net