internetworkers - Re: anyone planning to register .biz

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: anyone planning to register .biz
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:18:29 -0400

David Minton wrote:
> In the article, I expressed the opinion that many web users will get .BIZ
> and .COM domains confused. Don't we see this today with .NET and .ORG
> domains? I believe that .COMs are the only domains that will ever be useful
> for businesses. Does anyone have a differing opinion, or was I stating the
> obvious?

I dunno. It might be more like when the phone companies started
adding
new area codes and requiring 10-digit dialing within metropolitan areas
like NY, LA, or DC, or, uh, Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill. Folks just got
used to adding the area code to their phone number and memorizing 10
digits instead of 7.

TaB