internetworkers - virus

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: virus
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 20:37:01 -0500

I was a victim of a couple viruses last month. The organic one is
still keeping me congested, but was pretty mild as colds go. The
computer virus, OTOH, was a real bitch. After I finally got it off my
computer and reconstructed the operating system, though, I found some
information about my little /bete noir/. It was quite an elegant
thing: the little bastard could download plug-ins and updates for
itself through the Net.

Anyhow, the topic has been a source of fascination to me ever since.
Here's a neat little year-in-review article on ZDNet on the subject:
http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2664938,00.html
The companion article is pretty good, too.

BTW, I had #5, the MTX virus.

TaB

  • virus, Thomas A. Beckett, 01/02/2001