internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: December 05, 2000

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: ranaylor AT roundtheloop.com
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: December 05, 2000
  • Date: 6 Dec 2000 10:17:33 -0800

Job Finders:

As someone who recently moved to the area I used Monster.com to look for a
job. Only people that ever contacted me were recruiters. I finally gave up
looking via the jobfinders sites and went to the yellow pages and looked at
the Big ads. Then went to their websites to find out about openings.(Yeah, I
know ma, we shouldn't have moved without a job first!)

asktheheadhunter.com is great when it comes to ideas about the job hunt and
how recruiters and HR reps work or don't. I tend to agree with the idea that
by the time you respond to an ad in the paper or on a job board someone is
already in the pipe for that job. It's academic by the time you fill out the
papers.

Andy...