internetworkers - Re: News Search Engine?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: News Search Engine?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 14:13:29 -0700

Hi,

from my search engine page:
http://www.saundrakaerubel.com/search_engines.htm

see this link to:
http://www.metaiq.com/

in the middle of the page is a text box that searches "up to the minute news
in 228 categories, from 1500 news sources"

saundra

At 05:04 PM 10/03/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I was going to start this asking if anyone knew of any Search Engine
>that just searched newsites - like CNN, Time, ABC, etc...
>
>Then I realized, that's exactly the type of thing NEXIS/LEXIS does for print.
>
>So now my question is, is there any NEXIS/LEXIS type search engine that will
>search only News websites?
>
>I am going to an event this weekend, and we are trying to monitor activity
>of the Press and Media.
>
>FYI, the event is the 6th annual Greyhounds Reach the Beach in Dewey,
>Deleware.
>If you are interested in more information:
>
>http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41000-2000Sep28.html
>http://GreytHound.com/DeweyPress/
>
>CNN will be airing a CNN & Time presentation on 10.8.00 on where
>Greyhound dogs disappear to after their career is over.
>
>http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/cnntime/
>
>If you happen to see anything on the event, I'd appreciate being dropped an
>email.
>

>Regards,
>
> Joanna
>
> Joanna Wolfe
> Technical Support Manager
> Oxford University Press, USA
> 2001 Evans Road
> Cary, NC 27513
> v: (919) 677-0977 ext. 5242
> f: (919) 677-2654
> c: (919) 244-7696
> e: wolfe AT oup-usa.org
> w: www.oup-usa.org
>

>Make a Fast Friend - Adopt a Greyhound
>

>---
>Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
>saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com

Saundra Kae Rubel saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com
"I live in another dimension, but I have a summer home in reality"
http://www.saundrakaerubel.com , mother of www.zolahayes.com