internetworkers - News Search Engine?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joanna Wolfe (919)677-0977" <wolfe AT oup-usa.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: News Search Engine?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:04:29 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I was going to start this asking if anyone knew of any Search Engine
that just searched newsites - like CNN, Time, ABC, etc...

Then I realized, that's exactly the type of thing NEXIS/LEXIS does for print.

So now my question is, is there any NEXIS/LEXIS type search engine that will
search only News websites?

I am going to an event this weekend, and we are trying to monitor activity of
the Press and Media.

FYI, the event is the 6th annual Greyhounds Reach the Beach in Dewey,
Deleware.
If you are interested in more information:

http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41000-2000Sep28.html
http://GreytHound.com/DeweyPress/

CNN will be airing a CNN & Time presentation on 10.8.00 on where
Greyhound dogs disappear to after their career is over.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/cnntime/

If you happen to see anything on the event, I'd appreciate being dropped an
email.

Regards,

Joanna

Joanna Wolfe