internetworkers - Re: Fraud

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fraud
  • Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 06:53:32 -0700

Hi

Rafe makes a solid point. But for other places/sites on Internet email
Fraud, you can visit:
http://www.saundrakaerubel.com/fraud.htm. this is no way shape or form
pretends to be the definitive list of Internet and email fraud sites.

Saundra

At 09:35 AM 09/07/2000 -0400, you wrote:
> This is a very well known scam, the Central Bank of Nigeria has
>issued a statement on it:
>
> http://www.nigeriassets.com/CBN/Statement.html
>
>On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 09:01:48AM -0400, Joe Komenda wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I recieved an e-mail this morning that apprears quite fraudulent; see
> > below. A little sluething found the following:
> > http://members.boardhost.com/macdani/msg/2.html (altavista translation
> > confirms that it's the same letter with a different name.)
> >
> > My question is, where should one go to report such things?
> >
> > Joe K
> >
> > =================
> >
> > Residencial Address:
> > # 28 Obianodo Street,
> > Achara Layout,
> > Enugu, Enugu State.
> > Nigeria.
> > Telefax:234-42-457033
> >
> > BUSINESS PROPOSAL
> >
> > I have the honour and confidence to introduce to you this business in view
> > fact that you are trustworthy and reliable.
> > I am Dr. M.C. MBANEFO the eastern district bank manager of United Bank
> > For
> > Africa Plc (UBA). There is an account opened in my bank in 1980 and since
> > 1990 nobody has operated this account. After intensive investigations, I
> > discovered that the owner of this account was a foreigner and owner of U.
> > Martins Co Ltd., who died in 1990 and the account has no beneficiary. My
> > investigations proved also that his company knows thing about this
> > account.
> > The amount involved is 26 million US$ (twenty six million) only.
> > In the light of the above fact, I will need your assistance. I urge you to
> > open your door to this opportunity by providing your account or any
> > account
> > of your choice where the fund will be remitted.
> > Your assistance as a foreigner is necessary because the management is
> > ready
> > to welcome any person, a foreigner who has all necessary and correct
> > information relating to this account, which I am willing to give you
> > immediately, if you are interested to conclude this transaction with me.
> > You
> > should be informed strictly that all documentations will be destroyed in
> > your presence immediately after this money has been remitted to your
> > account
> > and you should bear in mind that we shall meet for sharing in your
> > country.
> > I will apply for annual leave immediately I learn you are ready to assist
> > in
> > receiving this fund in your account. This is to enable me use my position
> > and influence to effect the onward transfer of the money to your desired
> > account.
> > At the conclusion of this business, you will be given 40% of the total
> > amount, 60% will be for us.
> > I look forward to your earnest reply by TeleFax on 234-42-457033.

> [...]

Saundra Kae Rubel saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com
This is Silicon Valley: If you don't like the technology,
go out and make some of your own.

The Information Philanthropist
http://ww.saundrakaerubel.com

  • Fraud, Joe Komenda, 09/07/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Fraud, Rafe Colburn, 09/07/2000
    • Re: Fraud, saundrakaerubel.com, 09/07/2000