internetworkers - Re: INW as InfoTech Org. Co-Sponsor

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: INW as InfoTech Org. Co-Sponsor
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:07:44 -0400

"Acipa Media Inc." wrote:
> CED Sponsorship

I expect to hear from the CED organizer tomorrow, so I don't know all
the details yet. There is a site for IT2000 --
http://www.cednc.org/infotech/2000/ -- check there for details.

That being said ...

> What would be the expected goal for sponsorship?

> PR for Internetworkers?
Yup.

> PR for individual INW member companies?
Possibly, don't know.

> Watered down beer?
Probably not. Either good beer or no beer. Likely the latter.

> Meet cool geekets?
You're on your own, there, Steve. Not that you have any trouble in that
dept.

> Other?
Discount for admission to InfoTech2000 to INW members.

> What would be the cost and how much would we be expected to pay?

Don't know the discount yet. Registration starts at $145/195 for CED
members/nonmembers, and goes up as the event draws near.

> Would in-kind services be an acceptable form of payment?

That's been known to work in the past on an occasional individual
basis. For CED members.

> I have been thinking about joining the CED for some time now.
> This may be a good opportunity to get past the recruitment speal
> and learn what the real benefits of membership are.

I encourage you to join CED. There are a lot of benefits you can
obtain from membership, mainly frequent networking/marketing
opportunities for you and your business. It's a very good organization.

I'll keep you posted after I talk to those folks.

TaB