internetworkers - Why don't y'all[sic] meet at $Cary_Brass&Fern ?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tengu typed, not" <tengu AT unc.edu>
  • To: IntermiNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Why don't y'all[sic] meet at $Cary_Brass&Fern ?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:02:12 -0400 (EDT)

<rant>
Just West of Lochside Dr., East of Lochview Dr, Loch Cove La. and Loch
Vale La., and NW of Lochberry La. is a body of water the town named
"Lochmere Lake."

loch; (Loch Lomond) from Scottish loch, lake
mere; (mermaid), from Old English mere, sea, lake, pond;

"Lakelake Lake."

They've got lakes but no city reservoir. I imagine this is the kind of
forward-thinking urban planning that causes folks to openly mock the "town
that developers built."
I lived in Cary for thirty days a year ago, and in that time I saw five
separate trophy wives in fives separate jog bra/stretch pant ensembles
each struggling with her very own untrained dalmation.

Cary: Can't Afford Raleigh Yet
</rant>
---
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes.
- Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS

  • Why don't y'all[sic] meet at $Cary_Brass&Fern ?, tengu typed, not, 08/16/2000