internetworkers - Re: Online Purchasing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Linda Watson <linda.watson AT Egarden.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Online Purchasing
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:51:33 -0400

At 12:59 PM 7/26/00 -0500, you wrote:

Internetworkers,

I have a beginners questions. My friend has an existing site which he
would like set up to sell CDs. WebMonkey provides details on how to build
the shopping cart and database, but they tend to refer you to existing
storefronts such as Yahoo if you want to receive credit card orders. Does
anyone have any suggestions on an easy way to accept credit card orders on
your own site versus using a storefront? Thanks in advance! Candice

Outsource, outsource, outsource! It took me 4 months to get Cybercash working on Linux with my store software, which supposedly worked out of the box. Until you get enough sales to justify the integration and support work, I'd use Yahoo or a similar service. PlugNPay had a good solution a few years ago -- and still has a great name.

Good luck!

join the Internet startup where money really does grow on trees
find the seeds of your new career at:
http://www.egarden.com/jobs.html

*********** the lawn & garden industry's online markeplace *****