internetworkers - Re: Online Purchasing

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joe Komenda" <joe AT komejo.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Online Purchasing
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:46:18 -0400

Have the cart return the following payment options:
'print and mail with check '
'Email cart, and call this 800 number '
'Email and pay with Credit Card at www.paypal.com '

Paypal works great - it's very widely used on E-bay.

Otherwise, you have to set up a merchant account with your bank, (a pain
unto itself), use cybercash for CC validation, and it all has to use SSL for
security. Not for a beginner *or* a small site.

Joe K
Komejo.com