internetworkers - student looking for co-op

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: student looking for co-op
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:33:06 -0400

I've been contacted by Ms. Gurmit Rai, a student in Ontario who is
looking for a co-op job in telcom in this area. If any of y'all know of
an opportunity, please drop her a line. She also sent me her resume,
which I'll be happy to forward to anyone upon request. Her inquiry
follows.

TaB

-----------------------
Currently, I am a student in the Telecommunications Technology Program,
at Sheridan College, Brampton, Ontario. My immediate career goal is to
gain experience in the telecommunications and information technology
field through co-op employment during September through December 2000.

I am applying to work in the US, because I wish to gain experience in
different work environments, and because I have an adventurous spirit!
Though I would be most grateful for any assistance that your
organization might provide, I am fully willing to cover any expenses
associated with my travel to the Research Triangle area and to take care
of the details of obtaining housing, etc.

Through my education and previous work experience, the specific
qualifications that I can bring to your company include:

· Network Administration skills (Novell, NT, Linux)
· Foundation in computer and communications technology
· Knowledge of business data communications, and telecommunications
principles (including electronics and programming)
· Understanding of data link protocols, cabling and operating systems
· Interpersonal skills, a team player always!
· Analytical eye for detail and strong written and verbal communication
skills

I also have experience with several different software packages, as
listed on my resume. For more information on my program at Sheridan
College, please visit: www.telecomtech.org.

With confidence that I would make a positive contribution to your
company, I look forward to hearing from you. You may contact me through
my e-mail at gurmit.rai AT sheridanc.on.ca or by leaving a phone message
with Paul Schlosser (Cary, NC) at 919-460-6337. My resume is enclosed
for your review.

Sincerely,

Gurmit Rai

  • student looking for co-op, Thomas A. Beckett, 06/28/2000