internetworkers - Re: help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: help
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:04:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 29 May 2000, David Demers wrote:
> i'm having a slight technical difficulty and was wondering if any of you
> may be able to help me. i have a mac, my email account is with bellsouth,
> and i use eudora pro 4.0. my problem is that email messages from 2
> particular individuals are coming through blank except for the subject
> line. if they are replying to one of my messages, then the body text comes
> through fine, but if they initiate a message, it always comes through
> blank. does anyone have any suggestions to remedy this problem?

Ask the sender to /type/ into their message window before sending? ;)
As nonsenical as this is, nowadays many mail clients have a "view source"
capability. Have you tried looking at the source of the email that seems
to be blank? Are you sure it is /really/ blank, or might it be a problem
with the Richtext/HTML rendering engine Eudora uses?

Steve

--
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>

  • help, David Demers, 05/29/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: help, Steven Champeon, 05/29/2000